SEO and content marketing are like peanut butter and jelly, both match together perfectly. SEO needs text, articles and keywords and content marketing consists of quality content and using the keywords that you’re targeting.
Bring these two together and you have a perfect match.
Where do you create and share your content?
One of the best things you can do to improve your chances of ranking high in search engines is to start a blog.
When you have a business blog that has high quality content and on topics relevant to your audience, it can make a huge difference to how your website performs in search engines.
Is blogging really worth the time and effort?
A blog will keep users on your website for longer, so your bounce rate will drop and bounce rate is definitely a ranking factor for Google.
A blog will also help you target more types of keywords, like long-tail ones, that match the intent of your target audience, instead of broader more popular terms, that you usually use on your website’s products and services pages.
A business blog will give you the opportunity to create relevant content for your customers. This is a marketing strategy to drive traffic back to your website. Writing articles and keeping your content fresh is a good way to connect and start a continued relationship with your audience. Also, keywords and topics on your website are a significant way in which all search engines find your site for these specific searched terms.
You will be building brand awareness and trust, too. Relevant and useful content demonstrates your business as an industry and thought leader. By posting articles which show your knowledge, you are promoting your skills for your business.
Some tips for your blog
- Integrate your blog with the same domain as your main website. If Google is working to index both your blog and your website, you’re limiting the SEO power of both, instead of allowing them to work together.
- Optimize each article for specific segments of your targeted audience and contain keywords and content related to their specific needs.
- Make sure your blog is mobile-friendly and loads fast, Google displays the mobile-friendly results first and page speed will affect your bounce rate.
- Optimize your images with image alt text (an image’s alt text tells search engines what an image is about).
- Be careful of your URL structures. Search engines help web page URLs that make it easier for them and visitors to understand the content of the page.
- Link internally, if possible, this will show search engines the relevancy of your content to your website and services.
If you are interested in boosting your SEO efforts and establish your brand as an expert in your industry, then you should definitely include blogging in your marketing strategy.
All of the major search engines rank sites higher when they have fresh and relevant content. Every article will be indexed and every post will be an opportunity for your site to rank for a keyword. Blogging will drive traffic to your website and you will have an opportunity to convert that traffic into leads.